Monday, May 20, 2013

Faux Chandelier for the Lanai




I have a thing for lampshades.
Just cannot toss one if it's got good bones.
Happy is the day when one gets refabbed and used again...like this one:

It came to live with us a dingy white color so I painted it blue.
After awhile the blue didn't work for our décor so it got stashed away.
Then, last week, the process of refreshing our lanai began.
With this refreshing came the need for a faux chandelier over the eating area.
So the process began:
I grabbed my handy dandy pink camo Buck knife and cut the material off.
After spray painting the frame white it was simply wrapped it with rope:
Each wrap of the rope got a dollop of hot glue to hold it in place on the frame.

I wish I could say the two tone rope was a clever design element.
Alas, it was born out of necessity.
Didn't have enough of either rope to use only one.

The sand dollars were intentional and are held onto the twine by a small bead:
 On the back hot glue holds the twine in place:

And here it hangs over our table:
(Next week the table and chairs will be spray painted back white...)

The cool part is that this can be turned into a real chandelier
with the quick addition of an expensive light kit from Lowe's.

Until then I'll just enjoy the natural, laid back element it brings to the lanai. 

Happy Treasure Hunting, Y'all ~Betsy

linking up here:


2 comments:

  1. How cute! This looks so good! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Have a great day, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole...good to meet you!
      Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by. I'm now your newest follower, too. Also liked you on FB. :) Looks like we like a lot of the same things! Question about the ice cream maker...how many servings does it make?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...