Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Princess...Wait on Me

For all of us who are either just coming out of, or are currently still in, a season of waiting...our God says:

"Wait on Me, My princess. My timing is always perfect. I know you're anxious about many things and I see your passion for all the plans I have put in your heart. I know that you long to fly, and I see your enthusiasm. However, just as a vinedresser nurtures the vine and waits patiently for the right moment to harvest the grapes, so too am I working tirelessly to prepare you to bear much fruit. Don't run ahead of Me or try to fly before My plans are complete. Your strength will fail you, and your dreams will wither away. Trust Me that My dreams for you are far greater than you can dream on your own. You will run farther and soar higher if you will patiently wait for the season of My blessing. Draw close to Me now, and I promise that this season of waiting will bring you the sweetest of rewards.
Love,
Your Kind and Lord of perfect timings"

Is 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

The above love letter is taken from "His Princess: Love Letters from Your King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd.

Waiting patiently on our God to release us into the plans He has for us can be one of the most difficult seasons of our lives! This season can seem to drag on, especially when He gives us a glimmer of those plans. I love how Sheri writes "I see your passion for all the plans I have put in your heart. I know that you long to fly, and I see your enthusiasm." When we are filled with that passion that only comes from Him and are chomping at the bit to get started in walking out those plans but are being told to wait it is so comforting to know that He sees and knows this. He knows how impatient we can be to get started...or keep moving forward in those plans. Praise Him that He loves us enough to make us wait, prune out what needs to be pruned from our lives so that the end result is "to bear much fruit." Not just a little fruit. Not just good fruit. MUCH fruit. A bumper crop. One that keeps on and on. When much fruit is produced, many others benefit.  And when this happens many are pointed to the One who loves us most, our precious Jesus! So, dear sister, keep strong in your season of waiting on God to release you. Give yourself to His gentle pruning process...knowing that flying is in your near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...