Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gifted Sofa Table

Last week a precious friend of mine asked "Would you like this sofa table?"


On the outside I was cool, calmly and causally answering with a simple "yes."
Inside a marching band was playing and the hallelujah chorus was going off!
This puppy is solid wood AND her hubby loaded it up for me.
Double blessing!

So my mind whirled and I got to work.

First the top was sanded, then stained.
Bottom parts were primed and painted white.

Then a little gray/blue that I mixed up was added to accent the piece.

And today she was finished with some light sanding, furniture wax, "new" knobs, and jute details.

Here are a few close-ups of the details:





Now, my first intention for this piece was to take it to my hubby's apartment.
He has the perfect place for it and everything.
But now I'm not so sure.
Maybe I've got THE more perfect place for it here...?
Wait.
In the end, what's mine is mine and what's his is mine, right? ;)

Okay, y'all...it's time to close this post, pour a glass of wine
and get to figuring out where my new table will live....

Happy Treasure Hunting, Y'all ~Betsy

PS...just for a dramatic effect...check out the before and after side-by-side:


**UPDATE**
The table really did go to my husband after he called me a stingy heifer for wanting to keep it.
I delivered AND placed it for him:
In return I got to bring home this:
That's a da-gum good trade, huh!?!


Linking up here:

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy!
      It was super, super easy to do with only one dollop of hot glue. To start it I wrapped the jute on itself and only used the hot glue on hold the other end of the rope in place. As I finished winding it, on the last row, I used a flat-head screwdriver to really get the rope in their to keep it good and snug. Easy, inexpensive, and quick. LOVE it when a project works out that way, don't you?
      My hubby and I are seriously "arguing" over where it's going to live...he called me a "stingy heifer" when I told him I want to keep it.
      ~Betsy

      Delete
  2. Lovely makeover! I too love the jute you added... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! LOL fell over laughing ... "stingy heifer" too cute! Hope you don't mind me stealing the jute idea? After all imitation is the highest form of flattery! ;) Shonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shonda!
      Steal away and have fun!!!
      Forgot to say in the other reply that I started wrapping from the bottom up. Going top to bottom didn't work as the jute kept sliding down once the halfway point was reached since I was working with a round shape.
      Yeah...can you believe that after all I do for that man he calls me a stingy heifer!?! LOL I did strike a deal with him. I will let him have the table. I will deliver it and put it in place even. BUT he has to let me put a Flamingo on it and it lives there forever. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...