Monday, January 24, 2011

Better Late Than Never - Bathroom Project Reveal

Yeah, so I know I said I'd do this on Friday but life got in the way...several times a year we really stock our freezer and this past Friday was that day. We always take our time while doing this and a lunch date with my honey usually happens the same day. If we time it right and hit a buffet for a later lunch we aren't ready for a real supper so I'm off the hook with cooking that night. YAY! Oh, back to Friday...by the time shopping was done and all was packaged and put away I was d-o-n-e. So I'm bringing this reveal first thing this week. Before I do so, I have to admit that this is the way this wall looked for about a year:
Never meant for it to stay this way so long. Inspiration would hit and flee almost as quickly. Last week I made up my mind for it to be "The" week for this terribly long overdue project to get done.

So here's where I began to play:

After hanging the ladder, embroidering the crab on the towel and snapping the teaser pic to post I stood back and took a good look. It didn't thrill me the way I thought it would. Had to pinpoint what I did and did not like about the vignette. Played around a little more and that became this (minus the mini suitcase):
(Be a good reader and over look the chipped wall paint, please. When my bathroom grows up it will have beadboard walls. Until then I refuse to waste my time repainting.)

Here's a few more shots:

Now it's on to the rest of the room this week. It is easier to get inspired now that I named the look I'm after..."Bay Side Cottage"

Well, I guess I should say it'll be back to the bathroom once the other new project I'm working on is done. Saturday my honey and I went to a new thrift store in town and I found a treasure. As soon as I'm through stripping the paint off I'll post pics...

In the meantime I hope this all inspires Y-O-U to do something creative this week to add another feather to your own nest!

Happily Feathering ~Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...