Monday, February 21, 2011

Time's a Changin'!

The days are getting longer and for some of us the weather is getting warmer. For those of us here in South Florida the cold weather has finally left us alone so that we are free to enjoy the winter weather that was the driving factor in moving us here. The signs of spring are all around us...the birds happily chirp away all day long, warm breezes blow through open windows, and one of my favorite things is happening...the citrus trees are beginning to bloom. Our lemon tree is throwing such a sweet fragrance off that when the wind is just right it can stop me in my tracks. The only down side to this time of year is trying to stay indoors to get anything accomplished. So many days I have fought the urge to grab my lounge chair, drag it out on the dock and chillax with the latest Nicholas Spark novel! Just wish there were times I could throw caution to the wind and live like a wild woman...alas, too many projects keep calling my name. However, this is the perfect time of year to get moving on a project that is best done outside. Then two birds are killed with one stone. A project is completed and one gets to enjoy the beautiful weather! Such is the latest project to be completed in the Richardson household...


This little cabinet came to live with us after a thrift store visit. The price was right  and it is solid wood.  However, the dark finish was just wrong. So after it came home I got to work. I sanded and painted and sanded and sanded and sanded some more. The only things that were left original are the hinges, knob and punched tin.

Here's what it looked like when it came home:
Not a bad looking piece like this but just dark, plain and boring...except for the punched tin insert.

Now it has character and to my suprise my family does not think paint ruined this piece:




At this point I still have not decided where it should live permanently in the house. Maybe it is destined to live at someone else's house. Who knows. What is certain is that it inspires me to pick another project that will require outside work so I have a good excuse to get outside and soak up some of this beautiful weather! Spring fever is raging full force now...;)

How about you? What is inspiring you these days?

Happily Feathering ~Betsy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...